Upper Island discipline is administered by the Discipline Committee of the Upper Island executive.
All discipline penalties adhere to the BCSA Conduct, Ethics and Discipline – Standards and Policy document, and the BCSA Discipline Sanction policy.
For the BC Soccer Conduct, Ethics and Discipline – Standards and Policy document, click here
For the Discipline Sanction Policy, click here
Upper Island Director Kevin Cowie is the chairperson of the Discipline Committee.
Clubs are required to give a discipline contact name and phone number to Kevin by Oct 1st of each season.
District and club discipline committees conducting discipline hearings should use the UISA Discipline Committee report form available here and provide copies of the completed report to the player/coach under discipline, Kevin Cowie and the UISA administrator.
Information for Coaches who have a suspended player
A suspended player’s name must still appear on the team list and game sheet with the word “SUSPENDED” written in the player’s ID# location in place of the player’s ID#.
The suspended player must not be on or near the team bench or be in uniform while under suspension.
A player accumulating three (3) cautions in a playing season from any of the following – league play, island invitational or provincial cup qualifying – must automatically sit out the next game.
Exhibition games are part of the suspension, but shall not constitute the serving of the suspension.
Purpose: To ensure that teams and clubs adhere to BCSA and District rules, policies and schedules, and to provide the best experience possible for all participants.
Clubs are required to maintain a performance Bond with a minimum balance of $200.00.
Bonds must be topped up by September 1st each year.
Bonds are non-interest earning.
Gabriola and Mid-isle – $200
Powell River, Oceanside and Port Alberni – $300
Campbell River, Comox and Nanaimo – $500
Bond fees cannot be used for any protests or appeals
Revised October 1, 2016 – revisions in red
- Failure by UISA member club to report to the UISA scheduler the outcome of all scheduled games in their area for that weekend – $50/weekend.
- Failure to present ID Cards for 11-aside players and team officials at League game on or after October 1st- $75 per occurrence.
- League game no show without permission of UISA scheduler – $150 per team plus expenses. Second offense by team – $250 plus expenses. Third offense by team – $400 plus expenses, and team and club representative meeting before UISA executive.
- Withdrawal from Super 8 Jamboree with less than 14 days’ notice – $150 per team plus expenses. Second offense by team – $250 plus expenses. Third offense by team – $400 plus expenses, and team and club representative meeting before UISA executive.
- Clubs without a registered referee at a game may be fined $100 per game.
- Withdrawal from Island Invitational Tournament with less than 14 days’ notice – $400 per team plus expenses as approved by UISA executive, or non-completion of commitment – $300 per team.
- Withdrawal from Pacific Development Cup Tournament after draw has been made – $400 per team plus expenses as approved by the UISA executive.
- Use of unregistered or less than two (2) registered (minimum class 4) assistant referees for an A or B cup game – $200 per game (and game may be protested).
- Team withdraws from A or B cup after draw has been made or does not fulfill A or B cup commitments through to provincials – $1000 or current BC Soccer fine amount.
- Such other conduct by a team, club or official that UISA deems to contravene the Rules and Regulations of UISA, the Code of Fair Play or other governing policies from time to time implemented.
- At the discretion of UISA Board, non-attendance by a club delegate at a UISA General or Annual General meeting may be fined $100 per meeting.
Appeals of sanctions to Clubs or teams must be made in writing within five (5) days of notification. There is a $100 separate fee for each appeal, payable to the UISA, but refunded if appeal is upheld.
Protest fee of $200 must accompany protest within 48 hours of game. No decision will be rendered until the fee is received by UISA.